Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wir Habt Veile Spass aus Japan!

There are four types of people on these kinds of trips abroad:
The quintessential obnoxious American tourist, the one who snubs the quintessential obnoxious American tourists, the one who wants to do it all, and the one who complains about everything.

And I've certainly experienced each, including myself.

I'm probably the second to last person. I've been trying too hard to squeeze everything in that I can. I get up early and come back to Hikone late. I'm doing work on top of all of that, but, like my Mos Burger, I am just trying to consume it all!

I've been doing a couple of five hour nights and going full-tilt climbing temple stairs, walking long distances through cites, biking, etc. It's a great way to stay fit and see everything but it can take a lot out of you. Good thing I can take catnaps on long train rides to and from cities!



However, we stayed local just two days ago in the Hikone highlands.

That day, aside from seeing Hiko-nyan everywhere, we visited a historic district of Hikone where some shops have been open for hundreds of years, stopped in to a Buddhist temple, and rounded the day out at this shinto shrine grounds which had close to one hundred lanterns dotting the path through the area.



The best secret this place hid was the path behind the grounds, leading to the hill summit. You could see most of Hikone and Neighboring Maibara from there.




Here's the closer. Check out that sunset!


Hiroshima tomorrow. And I still need to tell everyone how yesterday's trip to Nara and today's trip to Nagahama went!! I'll be gone early and back late tomorrow, so don't actually expect some updates for a while.
I may do an abridged post when all is said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment